Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Random Crap

I'm tired y'all. I really don't know why. I haven't really had any stress... I've been sleeping, eh, decent, at night. Got more daylight now with the time change. What gives?

I'm also homesick. I miss Minnesota. Bad. I guess more accurately, I miss Kelly. Bad. This morning I saw a picture of the landscape up there and almost went to tears. Turns out she's been feeling the same way I am. It's clear- we are HOT messes without each other. Needless to say, as soon as I get the "ok" from Ed's parents that they can keep her for me, I'm bookin' that ticket. Now that Ed is going to be in Lake City, I can fly outta Jacksonville (for cheaper AND non-stop! *happy dance*) and have a ride there and back with no problem.

Oh! Ed got his transfer date! He'll be leaving warm and sunny Central Florida for warm and sunny North Florida! He has to report to Jacksonville on April 9th, but since he's in a service truck, he'll really be working all over. We aren't sure when the shop in Lake City is gonna open. Another bonus, he's gonna set up a little place out by my parents' house. We talked to them about it this weekend. Daddy seems real happy that Ed's going to be there. I know I am. It'll be so nice to not have to coordinate weekends. If he's not here, we'll be there. Another happy thought was Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is THE holiday for my family. Ed hasn't been there the past 2 Thanksgivings and it's been hard on me. Now, when I go over there, he'll be waiting on me. Same with Christmas.

Let's see. I've been reading a lot lately. If y'all need book recommendations, hit me up. That seems to be the way I pass my time. It's so peaceful, all curled up with my Kindle, completely engrossed in a book in my little house. Huh- maybe I'm too zen and THAT'S why I'm so tired?

No news on the Twatwaffle front- and that's a good thing. Apparently he and Princess Kit-Kat are still going strong. Snaps to them. Well, to her, for putting up with his antics. Maybe they're molded from the same material. I know I can think of a LOT of ex's of Ed's that can't believe he settled down with someone.

So CJ starts Kindergarten on August 20th. I can't decide whether to be thrilled or cry. I've known this day was coming since I had her, but it just came too fast! I am encouraged, though, that she'll do really well. Her VPK teacher said the only concern she had was that CJ needed to get outta VPK and go on to Kindergarten cause she's so smart. (Teacher's words- not mine. I swear.) We know she can hear and see, she can write her name (Colleen- not CJ- though she can write that too, of course) she can count, understand directions when you read em to her... all I can think is "Durn. I KNOW I didn't know this much when I was her age!"

I guess that's all for now. I hate that I'm not full of snark and sarcasm today, but I am just too dang tired! I'm gonna meander around the office and see if that helps.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment