Thursday, May 17, 2012

Abilify: Because sometimes Prozac AND Buspar just ain't enough

First of all, a vacation recap:

It was pretty awesome. Not as awesome as August, but really, what can top partying with the Vikings? (Answer: NOTHING) It was great to get away for a week and it was REALLY great to see my BFF and sleep in The Cave and enjoy the nice cool weather and no humidity. My sinuses cussed me GOOD when I got back to the South. 

Of course, the day after I get back from Minnesota I have a doctor's appointment. Dr. Morse added Abilify to my already potent mixture of Prozac and Buspar. I've only been on the Abilify for a couple of days, but he's very hopeful that it will help me "separate" from the eating disorder. 

One thing I've noticed is that my body is now responding to hunger. Not with an "Ooh! I'm hungry." But with the shaky, clumsy, low blood sugar symptoms. (In other words, I fall. A lot. It's embarrassing. And painful. And that's all I have to say about that.) That's good though. At least now I have a reason to eat vs. being able to talk myself out of it. 

This is definitely an on-going thing. I have a calorie tracker and I have to watch myself because once I hit 1,200 calories, I just wanna stop eating. But I know that's not the point of the exercise; I'm supposed to EXCEED 1,200 calories and get closer to 15-1,800. 

I'm also flat worn out. Just dog-A tired from all of the internal battle combined with lack of sleep. They ain't lyin, y'all- stress kills. 

Anyways, for the most part I'm keepin it between the ditches (as we say down here). All of the positive thoughts are most appreciated. 

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment