Friday, September 23, 2011

So I've been reading a lot

Usually that's not cause for alarm. And I ain't sayin' it's cause now. But when I read to escape vs. read because I'm bored... well, it can get a little scary. So I present to you now, some of the more awesome quotes I've read lately:

"Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side."

"Love: It kills you. Both when you have it, and when you don't."

"It is strange how we hold onto the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures."

"Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs."

"Is falling in love with someone's story the same thing as falling in love with the person themselves?"

For what it's worth, even though it's (a little) melodramatic. I favor the "Love: It kills you. Both when you have it, and when you don't." quote. It's so true. Love is so very bittersweet. There's that age-old war of "Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" vs. "Oh yeah? Try it sometime."

Personally, I think they both suck. I can't imagine never LOVING anyone completely, but having loved someone completely, I've experienced that loss. Like I said, it sucks.

I'm not sure where all of this is coming from (yes I am, I just won't bore you with it) but it's something to think on. Hopefully "Snarky, Bitchy, Cynical Mandy" will make a return next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment